POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 12 Mar 2004 14:42:15
Message: <ap4450hf21kev8g9fhkmj1ges36c450tuu@4ax.com>
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:24:16 -0800, "Chambers"
<bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:08:36 -0600, "GreyBeard"
>> <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote:
>>

>> >"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message

>> >Perchance you should learn the terminology before inserting foot in open
>> >mouth.  I'm afraid photography was around in a more advanced state long
>> >before digital was anything but a term for counting on ones fingers.
>>
>> Excuse me, but I sincerely did think were were talking about chemical
>> photography here and therefore a scanner would eventually come into
>> play to get into the digital realm.
>
>The discussion *is* about chemical photography, which is why a scanner is
>completely unnecessary.

Only if one stays in the traditional field, but there are many who
want to distribute their photos or generally improve/change them.

>Using chemical prints, you can blow up negatives
>even 100x at a very high quality, all without any digital equipment.

I know. I got myself an all-purpose scanner that has a little gizmo
for negatives. Of course, perhaps, one should have got a dedicated
negatives scanner for that, but I needed a scanner for other uses as
well.

>scanner, as you say, is only needed to get the image into the digital realm,
>but the point was you could have much higher quality without entering the
>digital realm.

But there's where the fun stops. It continues once we step into the
digital world.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com